Departments: Building Department
Request for Code Enforcement
If you suspect that a building or zoning violation is occurring, you can file a written complaint. Complaints of suspected code violation must be submitted in writing on a Request for Enforcement Form. Hard copies of this form are available at the Building Department at Hingham Town Hall.
Complete the Request for Enforcement Form ( PDF)
The completed form must be printed and signed with an original signature and returned to the Building Department at Hingham Town Hall, 210 Central Street, Hingham MA 02043.
Request for Enforcement Instructions
• Please be aware when you fill out a Request for Enforcement, you are filing a formal, written complaint.
• Read the Request for Enforcement form carefully and fill out the Request for Enforcement form completely.
• Sign and forward the original Request for Enforcement form to the Building Department (copies are not accepted).
• Request for Enforcement Forms that are incomplete will be treated as anonymous complaints and will be investigated at the Building Commissioner's discretion.
• Complaints that are phoned in to the Building Department will be treated as anonymous complaints and will be investigated at the Building Commissioner's discretion.
• All complaints that are properly filed with a completed Request for Enforcement form will receive a written response with the Building Departments' findings.