October 24, 2011 @ 6:00 PM - Hingham High School – Classroom 180
6:00 p.m.-7:00 p.m. - Due to special town meeting
Present: Carolyn Nielsen-Chairman, Charles Berry-Vice Chair, Daniel Coughlin, Cliff Prentiss, Conservation Officer
Absent: Robert Perry, Scott McIsaac, Alan McKenna and Nina Villanova.
6:00 PM Request For Determination of Applicability
17 Union Street – Hingham High School
Applicant: Hingham Public Schools – John Ferris / Rep.: Lindsey A. Barbee, Gale Associates, Inc.
Proposed redevelopment of the track facility
Commissioner Nielsen opened the hearing to the public and noted due to state regulations, the Commission cannot hear this RFD tonight since there is no quorum present. The applicant (Mr. Ferris) has given his written consent to open the hearing tonight and to continue the hearing to the next meeting scheduled for November 7, 2011.
Motion: Commissioner Coughlin motioned to continue 17 Union St. with the applicant's consent to the 11/7/11 meeting.
Second: Commissioner Berry In Favor: All Opposed: None
Certificates of Compliance
All COC's will be discussed at the next scheduled meeting of 11/7/11.
Derby Street - Derby Street Shoppes – SE 34-0706, 111 Cushing Street – SE 34-1045, 65 Hobart Street – SE 34-0920
100 Recreation Park Drive – SE 34-0677, 116 Rockland St.–SE 34-0584, 134 Rockland St.–Lot 10A–SE 34-0585
134 Rockland St.–SE 34-0720
• The Commission received three more deer (bow) hunting requests.
• Discussion regarding safety and the number of hunters. It was decided to deny these 3 requests and any further requests for this current deer bow hunting season of 10/17/11-11/26/11.
• Next year all deer hunting requests will need to be received by the office staff by October 1, 2012. This will become the cutoff date.
• Commissioner Nielsen created a fact sheet for the office staff - Hunting on Hingham Conservation Land.
• The Conservation Officer noted that the Animal Control Officer has requested permission to dump dead deer carcasses on Conservation land. Discussion occurred. The Commissioners present have denied the ACO's request.
Approve Draft Minutes – August 15, 2011, October 3, 2011
The draft minutes will be discussed at the next scheduled meeting of 11/7/11.
Selection of Meeting Dates – January 2012 – June 2012
January 9 and 23, February 6 and 27, March 12 and 26, April 9 and 23, May 7 and 21, June 4 and 18.
• Commissioner Coughlin updated the Commission on CPC.
• Conservation Officer updated the Commission on possible land acquisitions.
• Commissioner Berry noted that Jason Burtner and Beth Lambert are available for a site visit to Foundry Pond to identify feasibility considerations for dam management alternatives.
• Commission Nielsen attended a MACC Conference on land acquisitions and reviewed the Department of Justice regulations for accessibility to public land. The Audubon Society has established guidelines and the Commission should look at these as a planning tool for the Hingham, as the regulations are retroactive for all parcels.
Meeting Adjourned at 6:35 p.m.
Cliff Prentiss, Conservation Officer Approved as amended on 11/07/11.