Back to Board of Selectmen Meeting Minutes
March 5, 2010 @ 9:00 AM
Ms. Burns, Mr. Rabuffo, Kevin Paicos, T.A.
Shipyard TIF Agreement – Hal Davis representing the Shipyard requested that the TIF agreement be extended one year, regardless of 1% or 5% property tax exemption waiver. The State is requesting that we enforce the exemptions. The issue is Hingham has an
Agreement made in 2004, that it wants to honor. It should be noted that the
Shipyard has estimated the creation of 256 new jobs (excluding manufacturing components).
Voted – that the Board of Selectmen recommend to Town Meeting to extend the
Agreement between Samuels and Town of Hingham for 1 year.
Discussion of the following Warrant Articles:
Tree & Park Building Property Disposition. There is commercial interest in the Building, both non-profit and profit. The Board of Selectmen will ask the Advisory Committee to comment on any modification to this Article because of current economic conditions. There was discussion on the needs of the Rowing Club in future years.
Reserve Fund – No action
Discussion regarding the booking of Carlson Fields (with Recreation Commission)
1. Maintenance costs are estimated at $17,000 a year.
2. Issues are the need for an additional lawn mower, 60 inch rough mower. The Board of Selectmen asked the Town Administrator as Town Purchasing Agent, to guide Jay McGrail of the South Shore Country Club on a lease-buy arrangement. Once again, the Board of Selectmen discussed field maintenance across the Town and conceptually agreed to examine this matter.
3. A discussion then ensured on Field Management
4. The Board of Selectmen endorsed the Recreation Commission, DPW, South Shore Country Club, Town Engineer plan for Carlson Fields to lease-purchase law mowers (s), subject to Capital Outlay review and recommendation.
5. The Board of Selectmen asked the Town Administrator to explore rest room/ concession stand use at the Field and to discuss the matter with the School Department (Bldg. 179).
CORI¬ Reports -
Voted – to approve the proposed revisions to the CORI regulations as presented by David
Basler, Human Resources Director.
Meeting adjourned: 10:00 AM