Town Government &
- School Traffic Supervisors (School Crossing Guard)
- SSRECC Communication Center Dispatcher
||School Traffic Supervisors (School Crossing Guard)
||Hingham Police Department
||Average of 10 to 15 hours/week
||Starting at $14.18 per hour
Duties: The Town of Hingham is seeking substitute School Traffic Supervisors for the school year. The position requires candidates to be responsible for directing traffic at various crossings, protecting school children and providing for the orderly movement of traffic. Hours will be split between school openings and closings. Employee must be properly attired while performing duties and will be exposed to various weather conditions. Police will train and provide proper equipment and uniforms.
Requirements: High school diploma or equivalent. Must have the ability to recognize potential safety hazards in regards to the safety of children. Must be reliable and dependable.
Pre-employment Condition: Reference check and criminal records investigation.
Send letter of interest and resume to:
Deadline: Until filled
210 Central Street
Hingham, MA 02043
Date of posting: March 12, 2015
The Town of Hingham is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V and does not discriminate based on race, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual preference or any other legally protected status.
||PERMANENT and SUBSTITUTES
SCHOOL BUS DRIVERS – CDL Preferred $19.74/hr.
SPECIAL NEEDS VAN DRIVERS – 7D License $17.14
||Hingham Public Schools
||Training Program available; Good driving record
||Please call and/or send letter of application, licenses and certifications to:
Patrick Cunningham, Director of Transportation
Hingham Public Schools
||Drug/alcohol testing is a condition of employment
The Town of Hingham is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V and does not discriminate based on race, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, gender identity, sexual preference or any other legally protected status.
Communication Center Dispatcher
The South Shore Regional Emergency Communications Center (S.S.R.E.C.C.) is a newly formed
regional emergency communications center that supports the towns of Hingham, Hull, Norwell
The S.S.R.E.C.C. is seeking applicants for the position of Dispatcher to operate the public safety
communications systems that support the operations of the four member towns.
This position will work with existing Dispatchers receiving emergency and non-emergency calls
for service over the telephone and by other means, employing appropriate call screening
protocols, entering data into a computer(s) as it is being received and by dispatching the
appropriate public safety resources. This position is responsible for interaction with other public
safety dispatch agencies including the field personnel in law enforcement, fire and EMS. This
position is required to respond appropriately and professionally to requests for services from the
public as well as field personnel from the member municipalities.
Essential Job Duties
- Processes incoming and outgoing emergency and non-emergency telephone calls
ensuring agency policy, procedures, goals and objectives are met.
- Dispatches and communicates with law enforcement, fire and EMS units ensuring
agency policy, procedures and goals are met.
- Speaks English clearly and verbally communicates effectively.
- Learns and maintains familiarity with general geography of the communities served.
- Works effectively and calmly in a high stress environment.
- Make appropriate decisions based on minimal information.
- Possess ability to recall details and record information/numbers quickly and correctly.
- Meets all training requirements and certifications required by the S.S.R.E.C.C.
- The S.S.R.E.C.C. operates under the requirements of 560 CMR 2.00 State 911
Department Standards for Enhanced 9-1-1 and other regulations.
- Shift work environment where hours of work will be driven by call volume and other
workload factors of the S.S.R.E.C.C. rather than convenience of the staff.
- 24/7 operations with work scheduled on days others consider holidays.
- In addition to scheduled shifts, call back, holdover and overtime requirements exist.
- Work performed at a technology driven stationary work station.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate multiple personal computers.
- Sitting for extended periods of time while working at computer keyboards, monitoring a
variety of public safety communications systems, completing electronic and written
documentation required of operations.
- Vision, specifically to include up close, distance, color and peripheral, depth perception
and ability to adjust focus.
- Hearing and speaking to exchange information with emergency callers and public safety
- Applicants must type at least 30 words per minute.
Required Education and Experience:
- Minimum of two (2) years of practical working knowledge and paid experience in public
safety communications is preferred.
- High school diploma or equivalent. College degree preferred.
- Applicants must be certified in CPR, or receive certification within 20 days of
- Preferred applicants to be certified in APCO EMD protocols.
- Preferred applicants to be certified in LEAPS/CJIS
- Applicants must successfully complete a background check and drug testing prior to
- Applicants must go through profile evaluations and will be evaluated accordingly using
the S.S.R.E.C.C. materials and examinations. All results will remain confidential.
Salary and Benefits:
- Full time union position. Will be assigned shifts based on need and availability.
- Hourly wage starting at $ 19.16 to $ 23.13 per hour plus shift differential and possible
overtime based on skills and prior experience.
- S.S.R.E.C.C. currently uses eight (8) hour shifts on a rotating basis which is subject to
change based on requirements.
- Includes vacation (pre-approved) and holiday and health benefits.
- Dispatchers will participate in the S.S.R.E.C.C. employee development program.
- To apply, applicants can contact the SSRECC at 781-556-5445 or via email at
firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain a detailed job description and application for
employment. Applications will be sent to candidates via email.